Roof Leaks - The Most Common Roofing Problem
Many homeowners do not expect a Roof leak in their house, nor are they prepared for it. Integrity Roofers is a Toronto Roof Leaks Repair specialist who strives to provide fast roof repair services. When Integrity Roofers starts examining your roof, they never start from the attic with a flashlight. Surely, that’s the wrong way. In fact, we start from the ground outside the house, with a pair of binoculars.
Common Reasons for Roof Leaks
Roof Leaks can cause significant damage if you do not discover the actual causes and get it repaired promptly. If you notice a roof leak coming through your ceiling in your home, it certainly means that your roof has been leaking for long enough. So, hurry and check your roof to repair existing leaks and prevent future problems. Down below are common reasons for Roof Leak:
- Ageing of the Roof: Roof materials get damaged with age and become less effective in keeping out water. Weather conditions may cause roofing materials to become brittle and eventually crack over time.
- Ice Dams: Ice Dams are a pervasive and damaging winter roofing problem typically caused by a combination of a poor attic, roof ventilation, and a warm attic space. It is caused by constant freezing, refreezing of snow and ice in your roof. Ice dams build up in the space of your roof around the eaves. If ignored ice dams can cause water to seep under the shingles and eventually lead to a roof leak.
- Roof Vents: Any penetration of the roof needs to be sealed properly to prevent leaks. Surely inspect the gaskets around the vent pipes for cracks and gaps. Also, do not forget to check the missing nails.
- Missing Shingles: Strong winds and bad weather can rip shingles from the roof. It allows water to enter the surrounding shingles. To avoid these problems roofs should be inspected periodically to check for missing or damaged shingles.
- Roof Penetrations: Roof penetrations are regarded as the weakest point of any roof. It is the greatest source of leaks. The most common areas of roof leaks are places where objects penetrate the roof, including vent pipes, chimneys, dormer walls, terminations and wall flashings.
- Improper Flashings: Flashing is placed where the roof connects a dormer, where a chimney penetrates the roof and at the edges of the skylights. Flashings may slide out of place if any nails are missing or crack over time. Improper flashing can be the main reason for roof leak if it is not timely replaced or repaired.
- Clogged Gutter: You may have noticed leaves sticking out of the gutter when you look up into your roof. The gutters are meant to help water flow away from the roof. When a blockage forms due to leaves, and other debris, it can actually slow the flow of water from your roof. Rainwater can pool in one area of the roof and can seep through cracks.
Have a quick look at our Roof Leak Solutions
For those homeowners who are looking for their leaky roof, Integrity Roofers provides a quick roof inspection for them. We follow a fast, effective, and affordable technique to repair the roofs of our clients. Just to list a few of our Roof Leak techniques that may apply to your home are cements, coatings, patches, caulkings, and tarps. You can have a detailed discussion with our team on which techniques suit your homes best.
The benefits of Integrity Roofers, Roof Leak Repair in Toronto are as follows:
- Our Roofers will do a complete roof assessment to point out the reason for your roof Leak
- We provide the quickest solutions of stopping leaks
- Affordable leak repair cost
- Provides assurance to the customers that their leaks are carefully attended and fixed
- Timely service along with the best restoration service
- You are always assured of quality materials and workmanship.
- For Roof Leaks that need immediate attention, we have our emergency roofing services.
Contact Integrity Roofers and request a Roof Inspection and Estimate
If your roof is leaking or you see signs that indicate that your roof may need repairing or replacement, contact us today and request us for a roof inspection or a free estimate. We can help you determine the health of your roof within 24 hours and make recommendations as to whether your roof needs any repair or complete replacement.